Sunday, May 13, 2007

Summary of first week in California

Well, Quinn and I have been here only a week, and we have done quite a bit of stuff. We moved into our apartment on Monday, and spent the next 3 days shopping on Craig's List for furniture and other things for our apartment. It literally had nothing in it when we moved in. We were quite successful and now have just about everything except for beds and couches. We are working on those.

We did manage to spend Tuesday afternoon at Santa Monica beach, and Wednesday afternoon at Venice beach. Then Friday morning we met up with my friend Zach and cruised down to Baja Mexico for the weekend. We met some kids from our ward down there and stayed in a beach house Friday, Saturday, and then came back Sunday morning. It was such a fun weekend. We did nothing but play on the beach, eat, play games, watch movies, and eat. We took a trip to Porto Nuevo Saturday night and shopped around and went to dinner. Quinn and I have had a pretty fun week since we've been here. Tomorrow we are back to reality though. We both start work tomorrow. I have to be there at 6 am everyday, and work till about 6-6:30 every night. Life will change for me starting in the morning. I am excited though. It will be a good experience.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you! Glad to see that you're having fun!!! love ya!

Anonymous said...

that comment's from me-lol
Love Krista

Abby said...

Ahh mark! I am SUPER jealous. I really want a vacation like that sometime and stay RIGHT by the beach and everything. Man- looks like so much fun. It sucks to get back into work eh? I sure dont' like it. Met any girls yet?? ;)