Monday, February 18, 2008

Summary

I haven't updated this since the first of December I believe. That seems like forever ago. Things are good here in LA, and the weather is starting to warm up nicely. In fact, it hit 80 degrees a couple weeks ago. I have been working a lot since the new year hit, there was one week where I worked 62 hours in 4 days, one of those nights I didn't even go home at all. Things seem to have come back to normal for now. Here is a list of a few things that have happened since I last updated my blog:

- I went home for Christmas Break, and although it was short, and I had to return at 11 am on Christmas morning, it was so great to spend time with my family and enjoy the non-stop snow they are getting in Idaho this winter. It snowed all day on Christmas Eve. I miss snowboarding.

- For New Years my Aunt and my 4 cousins came to LA and stayed with me for a couple days. On New Years Eve my cousins and I went out while my Aunt and cousin stayed at the house and watched a movie. On New Years Day we went and visited Venice Beach. We shopped around, and walked down on the beach and saw the dolphins. We went to 3rd Street Promenade and the LA temple. It was fun to see their family. Their oldest daughter Katie just received her mission call to New Jersey, the same mission that I served in.

Venice Beach


 - Sunday, January 20 I received the sad news that my little cousin Joy Weaver had passed away in her sleep at my Aunt's house in Idaho. Her family was in the middle of their family vacation here in Southern California when it happened, and I spent the majority of the day doing all I could to help them. It was very shocking news, and a very sad day for our family. It reminded me how grateful I am for the restored Gospel, and for the opportunity that we have to be sealed to our families forever. 



- I have had some friends from college come visit in the last little while. My friend Berkley and her friends came for a weekend in January, and a couple weeks ago my buddy Greg came and stayed with me for 3 days. He and I went to the Wyclef Jean concert down in Anaheim a the House of Blues in Downtown Disney. It was an extremely entertaining show. Wyclef is an incredibly talented rapper/musician/and guitar player. 





- This last weekend I landed some more LA Kings hockey tickets up in the Merrill Lynch suite at the Staples Center, so me and some of my friends went and saw the game. It was awesome, and there was a pretty good fight towards the end of the game. The Kings won by like 3 I think. 

- Me and my brother and my sister and a bunch of friends just booked a trip to Hawaii on May 7. We are staying 4 nights in a sweet resort in Maui. I am looking forward to it, and it will be a nice break from the hussle and bussle of LA. Below is a picture of the resort where we are staying:


Royal Lahaina Resort

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark, what a fun life you are living. I'm wanting to go to Hawaii. You'll have to report back on how that resort turns out. -Mike

Merianne said...

Mark, I second what Mike said. Sounds like you are living it up. Take advantage of these fun times. So glad you posted on your blog again. I love hearing from you and glad to hear all is well. Love you! Mer

Lynette said...

Hey there Walker! Long time no hear. Sounds like things have been busy. That is so sad about your little cousin. I can't even imagine. So Hawaii huh? So Jealous. Did you check out our travel website when you booked it? You better have you punk! I'm booking a trip for the Thurbers to Hawaii and actually have found Great Rates. Anyway, glad you're doing good!

Jana said...

man! i wish i were there. how are you mark? we just got a blog. check it out sometime!

Melissa robison said...

WALKER! Hey just ran across your blog, I forgot you had one. Anyways i am going to be in LA on my birthday in april. You still there? lets hang out!
--Singleton