Friday, December 19, 2008

Summary

I cannot believe 2008 is over. This year has gone by super fast for me, and a lot has been going on, particularly in these last few months. Work has been really busy for me ever since summertime. It has been and is a crazy time to work at an investment bank. I have seen our clients lose millions of dollars over the last few months due to the crumbling of the marketplace. The takeover by Bank of America is happening, and the deal officially closes on January 1, 2009. After that, there will be 30-50,00 jobs cut between both firms over the next three years, and probably other changes in the company as well. It will be interesting to see what comes of it over time. I have been spending a lot of time studying for the GMAT exam, and am considering going to business school some time in the next couple of years. I am excited to go home for Christmas next week. I have only been home to Rexburg once since last Christmas. I am anxious to see my family and friends back home. 

1 comment:

The Probert Family said...

Mark- so my sweet blog-stalking skills led me to your blog. Looks like you are a Californian these days. That's awesome. Well, it was fun to peek at your blog and hopefully you don't feel like your privacy has been violated. Feel free to peek in on our blog:

candrac.blogspot.com

Happy New Year.